If you are looking to pursue the business analysis (BA) certification then one of the most important questions that may occur in your mind is which certification is the best. The available options for the BA certifications are as follows:
1. Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
2. Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
3. PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PBA)
Although all the three certifications in business analysis have their own characteristic and benefits, there is always one certification that fits perfectly with the needs of the candidates. The actual need is to find that one particular certification only. Thus, the detailed comparison between the three options of the certifications can provide the best help. Have a look at what these certifications offer:
|Educational requirement||High school or any equivalent degree||High school or any equivalent degree||Bachelor’s degree or any global equivalent|
|Work experience of BA||Minimum 7500 hours of BA work experience. It is essential that you’ve gained it in recent 10 years||Minimum 3750 hours of BA work experience from the last 7 years||4,500 hours or 3 years out of 8 years for working as business analyst practitioner|
|Experience in project management||Not required||Not required||2,000 hours of working experience on various projects in the last 8 years|
|Hours of professional development||At least 21 hours of professional development experience in the last 4 years||Same as CBAP||35 contact hours of education in business analysis|
|References required||Two; Either the Clients or other CBAPs can refer||Two; Either the Clients or other CCBAs can refer||Not required|
|Renewal||60 continuing development units (CDUs) every 3 years||60 continuing development units (CDUs) every 3 years||60 professional development units (PDUs) every 3 years|
|Popularity||High with the beginners||High as an intermediate certification||Popular as an advanced certification in business analysis|
Benefits of Various BA Certifications
Here are some of the benefits of each certification that facilitate the selection of the right business analyst certification.
1. Benefits of CBAP Certification:
• Offers good salary growth compared to non-certified professionals
• Empowering the professional with the required BA skills
• Enhances the skill of handling any business situation
2. Benefits of CCBA Certification:
• Provides competence in the business analysis practices and principles
• Expands the knowledge of the professional for handling business situations
• Provides in-depth details of the organizational business working
3. Benefits of PBA Certification:
• Siginificant increase in the salary
• Providing updated professional requirements
• Better recognition by the industry experts with the completion of 25 years old certification
Tips to Ease the Selection Process
Choosing between a good and a bad thing is easy but making a choice between two best things is the most difficult task to do. This is what happens when you are making a choice between various BA certifications in business analytics. Here are some of the tips that can help you choose the best. Have a look:
• If you are looking for the pure knowledge of BA and want to have a strong base for all the basic aspects of BA, then IIBA’s CCBA or CBAP can be the best choice for you. These certifications provide BA knowledge beyond project management.
• On the other hand, if you want to work mainly on projects of BA or are looking a business environment that offers you to work on projects that require knowledge of BA for its completion, then choosing PBA over the others would make a great choice.
In the nutshell, it is not that hard to pick the right certification for BA provided you have the right guidance and information that clear all your doubts.