The significant development brought in by automation, robotics, artificial intelligence, and other technologies promises a world of higher productivity, increased efficiencies, safety, and convenience. However, such greatness may lead to a negative but broader impact. The automation-enabled technology processes may affect the nature of job opportunities, skills, and wages for the human workforce.
This implies that it is the high time now, technology professionals should rise and upskill themselves to acknowledge and grab the trending opportunities in their way. Here is the list of top 10 technology jobs for 2020.
Description: The individual will be responsible for analyzing data that is used by a business or organization. The candidate will work with significant data to maximize its utility.
• Degrees in information systems, computer science, data science, business administration, engineering, economics, or a technology-related field
• Strong Excel and SQL skills
• Experience as a data analyst, business analyst, or a data report writer
• Certification of Microsoft’s Certified Solutions Expert in business intelligence is preferred
• Required to have an average of about 4 years of work experience,
• 1-2 years of supervisory experience
• Database design and data architecture
• Data mining and analytics technology
• Data security and privacy
• Data visualization, including tools such as Tableau and Qlik
• Handle all variants of SQL
• Proficient in ETL (extract, transform, load)
• Understanding Hadoop, R, and SAS and their respective usage
• Cloud computing and data storage technology including BigQuery and Redshift
Salary: The average salary for business intelligence analysts, according to payscale.com, is around US$66,000 per year.
Description: The companies seek for DevOps Engineers who are ready to help the organization improve its customer experience by building functional systems that bring their business to new heights. A strong experience in Amazon Web Services is preferred, because he will be creating cloud formation templates to build AWS services to support custom Java applications. The person need to be well-versed in Java, too.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science and Technology, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
• Strong experience of Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
• Strong experience SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo databases.
• Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, WorkFront, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
• Experience with open-source technology and cloud services.
• Experience in working with Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration.
• 2+ years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role
• Experience in software development and infrastructure development
• Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
Salary: According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a DevOps engineer is around US$111,311 per year.
Software Engineering Lead
Description: The lead software engineer will be responsible to use the systematic application of science and technological knowledge using the medium of sound engineering principles to produce computer programs. He needs to provide planning, processing while designing and developing programming systems. The person will be needed to respond promptly and professionally to bug reports and review and repair legacy code. Ṭhe candidate will be required to analyze, design, coordinate and supervise the development of software systems.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or any related/similar field
• Minimum 5-years of experience in web development
Salary: According to Glassdoor, the average salary of Lead Software Engineer is around US$107,705 per year.
Description: Most of the companies seek to hire skilled Software Developers to help with the development of their current projects. Their duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying the software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. The person will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures, and also working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree.
• Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
• The desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
• Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
• Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
• Deep programming language knowledge.
Salary: According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a Software Developer is around US$85,229 per year.
• Bachelor’s degree in Web development or related field, or relevant experience.
• Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
• Proficient in My SQL
• Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
• Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
• A high degree of independent judgment.
• Ability to solve complex problems.
Salary: According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a Web Developer is around US$79,154 per year.
Description: The key responsibilities of a security engineer includes:
• Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information
• Identify and define system security requirements
• Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cybersecurity designs
• Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
• Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
• Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
• Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
• Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement
• Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
• Experience in building and maintaining security systems
• Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
• Hands-on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
• Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
• Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
• Familiarity with web-related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service-Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
• Problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field
Salary: According to indeed.com, the average salary of a Security Engineer is around US$106,302 per year.
Description: A Cloud Engineer is responsible for seamlessly meshing tech know-how with business acumen to help companies navigate all their cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support and planning, and everything in between. The person should be experienced in cloud-based tech, and also have a firm grasp of LaaS technologies, platforms, and applications, and have intimate knowledge of how best to customize these attributes to the business to help the company become more secure and efficient.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
• Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
• Five years’ experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, C++ or Ruby.
• Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
• Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Rackspace, Docker, and Microsoft Azure.
• Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
• Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
• Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks.
• Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
• Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development, and system engineering.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
• Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
• Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
Salary: According to indeed.com, the average salary of a Cloud Engineer is around US$125,097 per year.
Description: The data scientist at an organization will be responsible for helping the company discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help it make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. The primary focus of the person will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with the company’s products.
• Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
• Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
• Experience working with and creating data architectures.
• Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
• We’re looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
• Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
• Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
• Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
• Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
• Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
• Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
• Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
Salary: According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a Data Scientist is around US$120,495 per year.
Description: The companies hunt for talented Cloud Architect to manage their company’s cloud architecture and position in cloud environments. The candidate will play a strategic role in maintaining all cloud systems including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks. As an ideal candidate, he must have a great understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud. The person should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share their knowledge.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
• 3-5+ years’ experience designing, executing and supporting IT cloud solutions.
• Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
• Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
• Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
Salary: According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a Cloud Architect is around US$140,872 per year.
Description: The person will be company’s go-to person for applying scrum to produce high-quality work. Scrum Master duties include managing timelines, resolving problems and coaching team members on Agile methodologies.
Scrum master responsibilities include:
• Helping software development teams apply the Scrum framework
• Planning deliverables and helping teams monitor performance
• Resolving issues that hinder the teams’ work
• Manage each project’s scope and timeline
• Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings, and daily stand-ups
• Coach team members in Agile frameworks
• Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
• Be the point of contact for external communications (e.g. from customers or stakeholders)
• Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
• Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
• Help teams implement changes effectively
• Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
• Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
• Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
• Experience in a scrum master role
• Familiarity with software development
• Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as the definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
• Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Crystal, XP, etc.)
• Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
• Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Degree in Computer Science, Business or similar field
• Scrum Master certification is a plus
Salary: According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a Scrum Master is around US$106,791 per year.