With the number of sensors increasing across production, supply chains and products, manufacturers are starting to tap into a new generation of systems that enables real-time, interactions among machines, systems and things. Instituting on the same idea, Maxbyte Technologies Private Limited is a Future of Factory solutions provider with products and services to enable digital engineering, manufacturing and services to improve productivity, improve quality, reduce cost and help towards an eco-friendly environment. The company’s core products and services are:
1. byteFACTORY – A Software-as-a-Service product to empower industrial product lifecycle management through effective intelligent digital technologies such as Industrial IoT and Artificial Intelligence. byteFACTORY is built on PTC Thingworx IIoT Platform.
2. byteEDGE – A plug and play industrial IoT edge system for any type of machine in a manufacturing factory which acquires any type of sensor data through I/O ports and via standard communication protocols send data to cloud/on-premise IIoT platform for downstream analytics. byteEDGE is compatible with all leading IIoT platforms such as PTC Thingworx, MS Azure, IBM Watson, etc. Accessories, touch screens, biometric and barcode scanners are available for byteEDGE in one easy to use console system.
3. miles – part of Maxbyte Industry 4.0 Learning Solutions, it an experiential and interactive learning platform for manufacturing customers. miles includes Digital Factory Experience setup to Experience the Factory of Future, Interactive Industrial Digitization Knowledge & Skill Development learning management system and Digital Factory Innovation, Experimentation & Adoption tools.
4. Maxbyte Industry 4.0 Consulting Services – Accelerates Industry 4.0 journey regardless of where the customers are in transformation roadmap through the company’s consulting services. The service capabilities are digital Strategy & Transformation, Digital Technology Advisory, Applications & System Integration, Product Lifecycle Data Science, Digitization Operations Management, Digital Leadership & Change.
The Mission and Purpose
The company was set up with the vision to empower industrial product lifecycle management. Maxbyte Technologies was established in January 2016 and is based out of Coimbatore with a global spirit to drive industrial product lifecycle and innovative business models through effective intelligent digital technology solutions.
A Strong Leadership Team
The company is founded by four partners:
Ramshankar C S – Chief Executive Officer: Ramshankar has wide experience in IoT Business Consulting, Industrial Product Lifecycle Management and Lean Six Sigma and worked in companies such as GE Aviation, ZF Wind Power and Tech Mahindra.
Viswanathan T – Chief Technology Officer: Vishwanathan has experience in IoT, Automotive ECU Diagnostics, Controls & Analytics and Engineering Solutions Program Management working in companies like iASYS, KPIT Cummins and iGATE prior to Maxbyte.
Sri Sabarinathan D – Chief Customer Officer: His experience in Digitization, Business Consulting, Marketing, and Presales has added valuable inputs in Maxbyte. He has worked closely with B2B & B2C clients in companies including Accenture, Infosys and ICICI.
Saravana Kumar M V – Director of Product Strategy and Seed Investor: He is the CEO of Biztalk360, a well-known global company in the Microsoft world. He has a vast experience in Enterprise Application Integration and as Solution Architect in companies like Microsoft, Fidelity, CGI and Accenture.
Delivering Product Life-Cycle Efficiency
Maxbyte is an India-based Industrial Digitization solutions company expanding globally with product byteFACTORY SaaS (patent pending), IIoT system integration services and hardware platform which aims to improve industrial product life-cycle efficiency. The global IIOT total market size is estimated to be US$1.5 trillion by 2025 and the company is currently expanding to the US Mid-West and MEA which is 30% of the total market.
Maxbyte’s strong sales pipeline is through global GTM partners which includes Etisalat Telcom (MEA), Vodafone-Idea Telcom, HPE, PTC, Rockwell Automation, GBI Cincinnati (USA) and Hartia Techserv TVS Group. The company is currently digitizing 30+ leading Indian manufacturing factories in automotive, energy, Oil & Gas, agriculture, industrial products and pharmaceutical industry verticals. Maxbyte’s product and services have demonstrated a 20% improvement in their manufacturing efficiency.
Maxbyte’s target customers are discrete/process manufacturing companies in India, US & MEA with revenues ranging from $100 million to $1000 million. The company has accorded 2X YoY in revenue growth. It has 50+ employees working in IoT Application Development, Embedded Hardware and Marketing & Operations Professionals located in Coimbatore and Pune. In 2018, the company also established an office in the US as well. Maxbyte intends to hire 50 more by 2019 to work and manage the product and service implementations in the pipeline.
Leveraging Data to Enable Digital Transformation
Ramshankar believes manufacturing is an integral part of the product lifecycle. In today’s market scenario there are high demands to produce more products with high quality within a short span of time. Also, it is important to visualise & understand insights and information across product lifecycle (engineering, operations & service). The key challenge here for any organisation is getting the information/data accessible across the functions.
Also, it is important to get accurate and instant data & information within the function where the primary challenge lies in interfacing with different machines, equipment and processes. Many times, organisations are limited with the access to selecting the right hardware/sensors, enabling the connectivity with the machines, accessing the right information & insight at the right time. Once enabled it is also important to manage the complete IIoT, ML & AI system from sensors, network to the application.
Further, he sees the very important & critical challenge for organisations is the CAPEX involved in enabling Industrial IoT, ML and artificial intelligence solutions. byteFACTORY, the SaaS-based product not only integrates product lifecycle components (engineering, operations & service) but also has modules to guide its users from the right hardware/sensor selection to managing the same.
The company is unique in many ways by offering:
• End-to-end digital product lifecycle suite.
• Plug-and-play IIoT edge system compatible with any machine to any platform.
• Modular engineering, manufacturing and service analytics apps.
• Digital factory as a service model.
• Customer and partner self-serviceability solutions.
• Customer validated solution.
Awards and Accolades
Maxbyte has been recognized as:
• “One of the 20 Most Promising SaaS Providers” by CIOReview in January 2019.
• “Fast Growing Indian Company Excellence Award” by Indian Economic Development & Research Association in Dec’2018.
• “One of the 20 Most Promising M2M Solution Providers of 2017” featured by CIOReview in July 2017.
• “Best Start-up in Manufacturing Sector” at Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) STARTUPRENEURS 2017.
• “One of the 30 Most Preferred Tech Workplace” by Insight Success Magazine in Dec’17.
• “IOT Partner of The Year 2017” by PTC – A global leading IOT Platform company.
Fulfilling the Vision of Industry 4.0
The goal of Industry 4.0 according to Ramshankar is to drive product lifecycle and business models through effective intelligent digital technology solutions. However, he added that the industry is lagging in terms of guiding on Why, How, where to start Industry 4.0 / IIoT. IIoT Implementation requires skilled people to assess, configure, integrate & manage IIoT. “The adoption and management of IIoT environment uptime should be 100% to ensure data accuracy for downstream analytics applications,” he added.
The Future Roadmap
As a company, Maxbyte is working on various products at different layers of Industrial IoT stake right from Edge/sensor to business applications & analytics. There is also a continuous improvement and upgradation roadmap planned for product ecosystem.