The year 2018 and beyond is all set to witness an upward trend for professionals with skills in emerging technologies into Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine learning and Deep Learning. Professionals with emerging technologies capabilities will continue to be the most sought after by recruiters and business enterprises in 2018 and beyond.
2018 will see the Indian IT industry adding around 1.80 lakh (0.18 million) to 2 lakh (0.2 million) new jobs. With an increasing impetus on Digital India, the analytics and allied industries will be in need of 50 percent more workforce. According to TeamLease Services, a leading recruitment company, Artificial Intelligence alone will create 2.3 million jobs globally by 2020.
A Surge in Demand
AI with its inherent capabilities to successfully analyze both structured and unstructured data will help companies offer customized solutions and instructions to employees in real-time. According to latest industry estimates, an AI professional with an experience of 2-4 years’ is expected to earn annually ₹15-20 lakh ($20.6-27.5K), while those with an experience of 4-8 years would take packages of ₹20-50 lakh ($20.6-68.8K).
Sectors including IT, FinTech and e-commerce will recruit the maximum AI, ML and deep learning professionals, as they rely on analytics, business intelligence and cloud for industrial automation.
The emergence of new age digital technologies like Blockchain, Edge Computing will propel a good demand for data scientists to gather, process, synthesize and analyze volumes of structured and unstructured data for business gains.
A Step Closer to Career in AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning are attracting more traction lately because of the recent innovations that have made headlines, Alera, Siri, Humanoids, Chatbots, Robotics are some to name a few. The varied applicability of AI in a multitude of industries including entertainment, transportation, finance, retail etc. makes this technology a hot job and career destination. Experts predict that AI alone will generate close to 2.3 million jobs by 2020. However, additionally, it is predicted that this technology will take away over 1.7 million jobs, leading to a net addition of half a million new jobs worldwide.
Modern technologies like AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning benefit both individuals and business enterprises. Commuters deploy AI on a daily basis to find their destinations using navigation and ride-sharing apps. AI also powers home devices or personal assistants. Businesses like banks use Machine Learning to build loan models to predict the delinquency percentages while Healthcare use Machine learning and Deep learning to assist patients in system identification.
Subsets to Technology
There exist subsets within the domain of machine learning, each with its own specialization and application.
• Neural networks: Neural Networks teach computers to think and learn by information classification, similar to the human hearing methodology. Neural networks can recognize images, and also make predictions and decisions with a high level of accuracy based on data inputs.
• Natural language processing (NLP): Natural language processing empowers machine to learn human Being at a nascent stage, NLP offers huge opportunities for machines to learn to respond in a way a human audience can understand.
• Deep learning: Deep learning is at the cutting-edge technology of intelligent automation, focussing on machine learning tools to deploy them for decision-making. Data processing into deep learning is performed through neural networks, getting closer to how we think as humans. Deep learning is used for images, text, and speech to draw conclusions that copy human decision-making.
Career and Jobs in Modern Technology
Though discussions in Deep Learning, AI and machine learning continue as broad disciples, the jobs offered are more specific including-
• Machine learning engineer
• AI engineer
• Data scientist
• Business intelligence (BI) developer
• Data mining and analysis
A Peek into the Future
The pace of technological development makes it hard to forecast the future. The coming years will see rapid innovation that is beyond imagination what will be developed. The current times have seen a shortage of trained AI and machine learning professionals, which will only grow. There is an urgent need for professionals who are trained and placed in Machine learning, Deep Learning and AI jobs. If you want to be one of those professionals, prepare yourself by getting certified and industry-ready because the sooner you get your training started, the sooner you will be working in this exciting and rapidly changing field.