As technology is flourishing in the current era, we have noticed a major shift in the marketers and customers’ relations and interactions. This shift in digital space is virtually influencing everything we do. Hanging amid the conventions, prevailing approaches and unpredictable future, one question that keeps on hammering the Digital Marketing Minds is – Will AI take over the Digital Marketing, specifically Content Marketing Jobs? To understand in depth aspects of it, we need to explore the basics of the above terminology – Artificial Intelligence, Digital Marketing and Content Marketing.
Exploring the basics –
• As Encyclopaedia Britannica defines, Artificial Intelligence is the ability of a digital computer or computer-controlled robot to perform tasks commonly associated with intelligent beings. The term is frequently applied to the project of developing systems endowed with the intellectual processes characteristic of humans, such as the ability to reason, discover meaning, generalize, or learn from experience.
• Marketing of products or services employing digital technologies including Internet, mobile phones, displaying advertising and other digital medium is commonly termed as Digital Marketing.
• Content marketing is a model of marketing focused on content creation, publication and distribution for a target audience. Businesses use it often in order to attract attention and generate leads or expand their base and sales.
Decoding the knitting between AI and Content Marketing
Ever wondered while using Facebook, Netflix, Instagram, why results of our web searches, social media posts and feeds turn into suggested content? It is because analysis of our preferences and needs crossed with the available contents. But who detects this? We barely noticed!
Reportedly, AI is already impacting the content marketing in various ways. Several marketers have started adding AI in their content marketing strategy. The investments in AI are accelerating day by day.
Here’s how AI can modify content marketing strategies.
• Journalist robots have come into action and their content creation is impressive. These robots may take over complicated pieces of content creation in the future, as their quality is improving over time. Companies including Yahoo, Samsung, Associated Press, and others, have journalist robots already generating pieces of content in huge quantity for them.
• AI has the utmost potential to transform SEO strategies. Search Engine Optimization is extremely important for a content marketing campaign and there are certain companies competing hard to exceed in the race of ‘Rank Higher in Popular Search Engines’. Moreover, AI is introducing visual search capabilities that enable the user to find the products by uploading specific images. Amazingly, AI platforms have aptness to decode real images which can take the SEO to new heights.
• In marketing, it is necessary to have a better understanding of your customer. With the introduction of AI, also comes the advancement in understanding the customers’ need, desires and This will help professionals in paving better pitch for sales, creating a highly personalised content for customers and search for best resources.
• A study shows that online marketing has the highest risk of data breaches. In this scenario, only user id and password cannot assure the safety of data. AI can enable systematic examining of previous information available in cyber-attacks and frauds in data coming from distinct sources. Therefore, in today’s digital world, AI has become crucial. Additionally, AI helps in identifying threats along with a better analysis of risks.
Can we predict that dynamics of AI will outshine Digital Marketing?
After the above assessments, we can say that the future is unpredictable, but AI is surely making its never fading footprints in the booming industry of digital marketing. It already is outplaying various aspects of our lives along with becoming a threat to some jobs. Marking it as a need of the hour, marketers will start using AI more in near future to assist them at each step. It is rightly said that – ‘Change is Inevitable, Change is Constant’, and to be a constant player in the race of content marketing, professionals must accept the relationship between AI and content marketing.