Data Integration revolves around combining data from several sources which is stored in various technologies and provides a holistic view of the data. Integration is highly useful when multiple systems create large complex data for aggregation. The ubiquitous implementation of data integration is developing an enterprise data warehouse function. The advantage of a data warehouse is that it helps the business to perform analysis on the data stored.
The prime technologies used for integration are Extract, Transform, Load (ETL), Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and Enterprise Information Integration (EII) or Data Virtualization. However, these technologies are time-consuming and requires huge data storage from disparate sources which further demands the need for new vendor integration tools. To make it easy, we bring you a list of the latest integration tools used in organizations globally.
iCEDQ is used to automate the testing of ETL, data migration and monitor data production. It helps by providing regression and integration testing and also offers better insights into data issues.
• Rules Engine: Comparison and validation tests are done by In-Memory Rules Engine, which uses Java & Groovy Scripts and is capable of testing millions of rows.
• Integration: iCEDQ provides an out of the box integration with HP QC/HP ALM through web interferences which help users to integrate any scheduling tool or ETL tool. Control-M, Jenkins and Informatica are some of the platforms iCEDQ is integrated with.
• Collaboration: Web-based GUI helps global teams to work together irrespective of their locations. All information is stored in a centralized repository making it easy to access any time
• Reporting: Reports generated presses all the data issues between source and target. It helps to identify the exact rows and columns containing data issue.
Data Virtuality’s data integration provides detailed insights from real-time historical data with any business intelligence tool. It helps companies to access data from multiple sources for analysis and automation. It is the central hub to develop and store firm’s business logic. Data Virtuality also provides pipeline solutions and logical data warehouses. Both products are used for data integration with different features. Logical data warehouse allows its users to access the data from any database and API with analysis tool. It reduces the time for data access and redirects developers time to build business logic. Pipelines enable the companies to centralize data by copying into a database. It is a cloud solution developed for simplified data movement.
3. Cask Data
Cask Data Application Program is a unified integration platform for big data which emphasizes on applications and insights rather than infrastructure and integration. CDAP imparts value from big data by reducing time through standardized API’s, configurable templates and visual interfaces. CDAP provides an architecture for data and application on Hadoop. The high-level abstraction and deep integration drastically enhances productivity and reduces time to production of the project. CDAP Program provides a standardized, logical container and framework to compute varied processing engines. The program also helps in simplifying testing and operations and can consistently interact with data container.
• Data Pipelines: CDAP provides a data integration that simplifies and automates the cumbersome task of building, running and managing pipelines.
• Data Preparation: It provides an easy way to visualize, transform and cleanse data. It helps to derive new schemas and operationalize data preparation.
• App Development: CDAP enables deep integration with big data technologies giving an easy to use API’s to build deploy and handle complex data analytics applications.
• Metadata and Lineage: CDAP captures technical, business and operational metadata and tracks lineage by understanding changing dataset and their direction of flow which helps in easy traceability and compliance needs.
• Security and Operations: CDAP offers security, authentication, authorization, and encryption, and helps to integrate with LDAP, AD, Kerberos, JASPI, Apache Sentry and Apache Ranger.
Keboola is cloud-based dynamic open integration and manipulation platform. It is widely used for data extraction, cleaning, warehousing and predictions. Keboola is very useful to automate tasks in marketing and operations. It is used by companies to integrate with their existing business processes. Since it is a cloud solution, it offers lower cost but greater mobility and provides access via REST API. Processes dealing with data is completely automated and secured.
InterSystems is a technology used for high-performance database management, application development, integration and healthcare information systems. Inter system offers Cache Database Management System, a multi-model database; Ensemble Integration Platform which is an integration and development platform. Two other products are Health Share (healthcare informatics platform) and Trakcare (healthcare information systems). Inter systems’ IRIS data platform has a database engine which enables transactional and analytics applications. Moreover, IRIS Data platform has a multi-model database which enables SQL access to enterprise data.