Data integration is the process of retrieving data from disparate source systems into meaningful and valuable information. It integrates data collected in such a way that it can create reliable, inclusive, current and correct information for business reporting and analysis.
The source systems collect data from a number of devices and in a variety of formats. A complete data integration solution delivers trusted data from various sources.
There are several data integration tools available in today’s constantly evolving marketplace, all racing to keep up with the intensifying incursion of data.
So, let’s take a deep dive into top data integration tools that are widely used in today’s market.
As a data integration platform as a service and used by SMBs, and large companies, Dell Boomi supports many application integrations processes. It provides several prevailing integration and data management capabilities.
Dell Boomi’s data integration capabilities range from a large library of on-premises, private cloud and public cloud endpoint connectors, to ETL (extract, transform and load) support. It allows sites to manage their data integration in one central place through a unified reporting portal. According to the reports, Dell Boomi is well suited to shift, manage, oversee and compose data across hybrid IT architectures.
• A visual interface to constitute application integrations
• Design integration processes
• Workflow and business process automation
• The lightweight, dynamic run-time engine
• Automatic integration updates
• Support for a wide array of IoT protocols
• Activity monitoring and event tracking
SnapLogic is an integration platform-as-a-service tool that enables faster connections and the incessant updating and evolution of data and analytics systems. It assists in stimulating the adoption of cloud apps such as Workday, Salesforce, and ServiceNow.
• State-of-the-art Application & Data Integration Services
• Transferring data securely from one location to another
• Offering a tool to set up integrations leveraging visual interface without coding
• Providing tools to manage the flow of data throughout its life cycle from creation and initial storage to removal
• Supporting event or transaction-based integrations that counter to changes in real-time
• Supporting various connectors across SaaS, Enterprise, Big Data, Mainframe, Files
• Delivers integration to Big Data sources like Hadoop and other NoSQL sources
Informatica data integration tool, PowerCenter, is a comprehensive platform for data integration, migration, validation. It is widely used in large enterprises and midsize businesses. PowerCenter runs along with an extensive catalogue of related products for cloud application integration, big data integration, data cleansing, master data management (MDM) and other data management functions.
PowerCenter often unites with Informatica’s Data Integration Hub and its PowerExchange line of packaged connectors.
• Centralized error logging system.
• Facilitating logging errors and discarding data into relational tables
• Built-in intelligence to enhance performance
• Superior design with enforced best practices on code development
• Synchronization among geographically distributed team members
• Code integration with other external software configuration tools
Offering fast, easy, cost-effective data access and availability, Attunity Connect is an easy-to-use data integration solution. It enables real-time, unified connectivity for relational and non-relational data sources.
• Access of a broad area of enterprise data sources
• Advance universal and service-oriented integration
• Delivering industry-leading mainframe integration
• Easy Integration with web applications
• Data-driven business event detection
• Streamline and stimulate integration using a comprehensive software suite for VSAM, IMS/DB, and DB2 data
Xplenty’s data integration platform offers simple visualized data pipelines for automated data flows across a number of sources and destinations. The company’s cloud-based, easy-to-use, data integration service makes it easy to transfer, process and convert more data, faster, lessening preparation time where companies can unleash insights quickly.
• Centralize and prepare data for BI
• Moving and transforming data between internal databases or data warehouses
• Sending additional third-party data to Heroku Postgres, a SQL database as a service, or directly to Salesforce
• Rest API connector to pull in data from any Rest API.
Oracle Data Integrator 12c is a best-of-breed data integration platform for organizations that utilize other Oracle systems and applications and want close-fitting data integration with these systems.
The platform unites with Oracle Database, Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Big Data Appliance and Exadata. Its core functionality is based on ELT architecture.
• Declarative Flow-Based User Interface
• Reusable Mappings
• Multiple Target Support
• Runtime Performance Enhancements
• XML Improvements
• Oracle Warehouse Builder Integration
• Unique Repository IDs
• Oracle GoldenGate Integration Improvements
SAP Data Services is an ETL tool providing a single enterprises level solution for data integration, transformation, data quality, data profiling, and text data processing from a wide range of sources into a target database or data warehouse. It can be utilized stand-alone or with other SAP products.
SAP Data Services tool explores, cleanses, boosts, integrates and manages data from SAP and non-SAP sources, including relational databases, enterprise applications, files and big data sources such as Hadoop and NoSQL databases.
Major key advancements in the latest version, 4.2, consist of improved SAP HANA support in addition to better connectivity to different relational and big data sources like text and XML processing.