The world in which breath in is a data-driven ecosystem and to break into the markets of this world, the most quintessential skill is Analytics or Data Analytics. Analytics assist the businesses in the smooth running of their daily operations and yielding potential outcomes. In the advancing analytics market, the trend of visual analytics is creating buzz around the corner. Recently, it has emerged out as an essential tool for Business Analytics and Data Science.
What Visual Analytics Exactly Means?
If we go by the Wikipedia definition, “Visual analytics is an outgrowth of the fields of information visualization and scientific visualization that focuses on analytical reasoning facilitated by interactive visual interfaces.”
Visual Analytics is utilized for a visual representation of the information and aids an individual in interacting with the information to obtain insights, knowledge, design conclusion and come out with instant but precise decisions. The virtue of visual representation reduces the complicated labor required for a certain task. Businesses use this tool to generate information and derive information from it.
Benefits of Visual Analytics
• It helps in converting an overloaded set of information into an opportunity.
• Additionally, it allows decision makers to zoom into their full cognitive capabilities on the analytical process.
• It also allows decision-makers to apply advanced computational potentials to enhance the discovery process.
• In other words, we can comprehend it as a study of information visualization which focuses on analytical reasoning enabled by visual interfaces.
• The tool is used for applications which include complex and large data sets and analytical processes requiring excessive monitoring and interaction.
• Representations of Visual Analytics tool can encompass a wide range of tasks that combine with computer science, information visualization, cognitive and perceptual sciences, interactive design, graphic design, and social sciences.
The goal of Visual Analytics Tool
Despite specific purposes and literal areas to serve, the visual analytics tool has a great aim to achieve. The goal is to deliver information in a manner which is understandable by people and they can easily analyze and act upon it.
Potential Market Estimates
• As per estimates of MarketsandMarkets – the global visual analytics market is expected to grow at a 20.4 percent annual rate by 2022.
• The above percentage will surely expand the market from $2.57 billion in 2017 to $6.51 billion by 2022.
• While new players are budding into the market space, major organizations and software enterprises are adapting to the accelerating thirst of visual analytics.
• Additionally, MarketsandMarkets report depicts that the emerging technologies influence 70 percent to 80 percent of revenues for companies having global exposure.
• Mid-size firms and small and medium businesses are shifting towards visual analytics software too.
Here we have brought 10 major visual analytics providers identified by the eWeek survey report.
|1||Domo||American Fork, Utah||Domo|
|2||Looker||Santa Cruz, Calif||Looker|
|3||Microsoft||Redmond, Wash.||Power BI|
|4||MicroStrategy||Tysons Corner||MicroStrategy Analytics|
|6||SAP||Walldorf, Germany||SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Suite|
|7||SAS||Cary, NC||SAS Visual Analytics|
|SAS Visual Forecasting|
|SAS Visual Statistics|
|8||Sisense||New York, NY and Tel Aviv, Israel||Sisense|
|9||Tableau Software||Seattle, Wash.||Tableau Desktop|
|10||TIBCO Software||Palo Alto, Calif||TIBCO Data Science|
• It offers a cloud-based platform for Business Intelligence and analytics.
• It features 500 and above data collectors that extract data from numerous third-party sources, including Microsoft Office 365, AWS, Dropbox, Box, Twitter, Google Drive, Facebook, Salesforce and MySQL.
• It accommodates CSV uploads, OLAP and ODBC.
• Domo also offers a drag-and-drop data preparation, real-time data refreshes, machine learning, notifications and alerts, and visual output.
• Domo-powered apps address specific industries, functional roles and use cases.
• Domo enables users to view and filter data in various visual formats, including charts, graphs and maps.
• Domo platform employs a feature called Card Builder to manage, manipulate and customize views.
• G2 Crowd Positioned Domo in the “Leaders” space of its Business Intelligence Platforms Grid 2019.
• Additionally, Gartner marked the provider company among the “Visionaries” for its 2019 Magic Quadrant for Analytics and BI Platforms.
• It supports data everywhere and extracts it from numerous sources, including Slack, Salesforce, SQL databases and custom applications.
• A self-service drag-and-drop web interface handles ETL, data imports, discovery and visualizations.
• The platform delivers real-time data visualizations with drill down capabilities.
• Built-in templates and filters are also present.
• It provides extensive customization options.
• It offers its own templates as well as third party templates packaged under Looker Blocks directory.
• Overall it produces a flexible and scalable platform that has lead Looker among the “Leaders” on the G2 Grid and among the “Niche Players” at Gartner’s MQ for Analytics and BI Platforms.
• The company has established itself as a pioneer in the business intelligence and analytics environment.
• Microsoft has been recognised by Gartner Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms for the last 12 years.
• Microsoft’s platform is designed for all levels of users including analysts, IT staff, developers and data scientists.
• Power BI includes visual data exploration, data mining and data preparation tools that connect to both Microsoft and non-Microsoft sources.
• Third party sources include ComScore Digital Analytix, Salesforce, Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics.
• Power BI’s drag-and-drop user interface delivers numerous formats, including charts, graphs, maps and clusters.
• The platform supports analytics both on-premises and in the Azure cloud.
• Power BI includes extensive collaboration and sharing tools which operates in real-time with support for mobile notifications and alerts.
• Microsoft’s Power BI was ranked among the “Leaders” at both G2 Grid and Gartner MQ for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms.
• MicroStrategy’s self-service platform serves up powerful tools for data preparation, visual-based and NLQ-based data discovery and exploration, and data visualizations.
• The platform features drag-and-drop interface, self-service data discovery and the ability to tap big data analytics platforms.
• It offers connectors to virtually every potential data source, including Salesforce, Dropbox, Facebook, Google Analytics, and Hadoop.
• MicroStartegy’s platform accommodates ad-hoc reporting with strong filters, sorting and pivoting functions.
• The platform also includes extensive vector-based mapping (through ESRI and Mapbo) that can display more than 150 countries down to a postal code level.
• It supports dynamic layers, handles clustering, supports a range of styles and formats, and works with iOS and Android mobile devices.
• The provider company is rated among the “Leaders” in the G2 Grid and among the “Challengers” at the Gartner MQ.
• The platform in itself is complete for data discovery which promotes the concept of democratized data.
• It translates into a solution that anables non-data scientists and experts to gather, manage and manipulate data from multiple sources.
• It supports Hadoop, NoSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery and others.
• Users can prepare data visually through a drag-and-drop interface.
• The tool suggests associations and automatically presents appropriate data types.
• It finds relationships across multiple data sources without the need for specific queries and searching.
• Qlik’s platform offers natural language search and visual dashboards too, that present variety of charts, graphs, maps and other representations.
• The platform was rated among the “Leaders” on the G2 Grid and the provider was also positioned among the “Leaders” at Gartner’s MQ.
• Organizations employing SAP enterprise applications are perfect fit for SAP BusinessObjects by default.
• It offers a high level of flexibility which includes the ability to connect to more than 200 data sources.
• The BI platform ties into SAP Business Warehouse and SAP HANA, and there’s embedded analytics in Microsoft PowerPoint.
• The platform is designed for use by different groups from across an organization.
• Its real-time feature supports self-service data extraction, management and manipulation through a drag-and-drop interface.
• BusinessObjects can be used on-premise, in the cloud or as a hybrid solution.
• The provider also delivers cross-enterprise data sharing and graphical role-based dashboards and these deliver information to desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
• G2 ranked the provider among the “Leaders” in its 2019 BI Grid.
• Gartner ranked the company in the “Visionaries” category.
• The platform promotes self-service analytics for a wide range of users – from business analysts and developers to data science experts.
• SAS platform connects to various data sources like Microsoft Office applications which allows users to import data, join tables and handle other functions through a drag-and-drop interface.
• A strong support for geolocation data and mapping functions is also present in the tool.
• The platform enables easy sharing of BI and analytics visualizations across an organization.
• It has built in tools for automated forecasting, scenario analysis, goal seeking, decision trees, network diagrams, path analysis and text analysis.
• The platform also delivers interactive reporting and dashboards that extend to mobile devices.
• It offers powerful in-memory processing to produce real-time data.
• The company was ranked a “Contender” at G2 Crowd Grid for Business Intelligence Platforms, and among the “Visionaries” at Gartner MQ.
• It offers representation through pictures, graphs, charts, maps and other data representations within a single dashboard.
• It supports non-data scientists and data scientists alike.
• The platform taps a propriety In-Chip analytics to deliver enormous processing power and fast performance.
• The platform can handle mash-ups. For example – it offers connectors to numerous data sources and formats, including Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, SQL Server, Facebook, Google Analytics, Intuit QuickBooks, Salesforce, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics and Adobe Analytics.
• It also includes a widget library that supports hundreds of predesigned data visualizations and includes recommendations about how to best view data.
• The platform accommodates open source designs as well.
• The company is among the “Leaders” at G2 Crowd Grid for BI platforms and on the borderline between “Visionaries” and “Leaders” at the Gartner MQ.
• Tableau’s platform places visual elements at the center of everything.
• The platform features a visually-oriented drag-and-drop interface designed for casual business users as well as data scientists.
• This analytical solution connects to a range of data sources, including AWS, Azure, Dropbox, Microsoft Excel and Salesforce—and it taps geolocation data and types of structured and unstructured data to produce maps, charts, graphs, clustering diagrams and much more.
• The provider exhibits dozens of examples online at its Tableau Viz Gallery.
• Tableau platform’s framework supports collaboration and sharing, big data sets and time series analysis through business dashboards.
• The platform also offers analytics tools and solutions designed for specific industries, such as healthcare, education, government, IT, marketing and high tech.
• G2 Grid and Gartner ranked Tableau in its “Leaders” category in its MQ for analytics and business Intelligence Platforms.
• The platform is heavily tilted toward data visualizations.
• This analytical solution employs a drag-and-drop interface.
• Over this platform, data extraction and its management revolve around AI-driven search, automated data cleansing tools, master data management features and data service orchestration.
• It connects to numerous sources, including AWS, Salesforce and open source data formats such as Apache Spark via a robust set of APIs.
• The platform also displays geospatial data and offers predictive analytics tools.
• TIBCO has been placed in the “Visionaries” category in the Gartner MQ for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms.
• The provider company was positioned in the “Contenders” category at G2 Crowd Grid for Business Intelligence Platforms.