International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIIT-H) is an autonomous university, founded as a not-for-profit public-private partnership (N-PPP) in 1998, and is the first IIIT in India under this model. The institute facilitates interdisciplinary research and a seamless flow of knowledge with several world-renowned centres of excellence as part of its research portfolio. IIIT-H is the largest Computer Science (CS) research group in India and has been ranked #1 in AI research in India and Robotics research in Asia.
Kohli Center on Intelligent Systems (KCIS) at IIIT-H was established in 2015 to give a fillip to research, teaching and entrepreneurship in the Broad Intelligent Systems Area. It has the #1 rated Machine Learning Lab in India and acts as an umbrella organization at the institute to strengthen the existing groups and facilitate new activities in related areas. It also acts as a force multiplier in attracting projects and funding from the government and industry sectors, coordinating research in related domains across different IIIT-H centers, as well as in the institute’s research collaboration with other academic institutions in the country.
TalentSprint brings high-end and deep-tech education to aspiring and experienced professionals. It partners with world-class academic institutions like IIIT Hyderabad, IIM Kolkata, IIT Hyderabad and global corporations like Google and Pegasystems to develop and offer disruptive programs. TalentSprint’s hybrid platform delivers unique onsite and online experiences that help build cutting-edge expertise, for today and tomorrow.
Comprehensive Learning Programs
TalentSpirnt offers an enhanced education program with comprehensive pedagogy and curriculum.
Advanced Certification in AI/ML offered by IIIT Hyderabad and TalentSprint is an in-depth and comprehensive program designed for tech professionals. The program is led by collaborative faculty from academia, industry and global blue-chip institutions.
The unique 5-step learning process of masterclass lectures, hands-on labs, mentorship, hackathons, and workshops ensure fast-track learning.
The program is offered at Hyderabad in a 13-week format. The delivery format is adapted to suit working professionals who can attend in-person classes every weekend. This enables professionals from in and around Hyderabad to build AI/ML expertise from India’s top Machine Learning Lab at IIIT Hyderabad.
The program curriculum is designed keeping the needs and context of working professionals and the target segment for this program in mind. It helps in the following ways:
1. Foundations: Refreshes knowledge on coding and mathematics necessary for building expertise in AI/ML.
- Introduction to Python Programming
- Key Python Libraries (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Matplotlib)
- Refresher for Math Concepts (Online)
- Overview of AI and ML Concepts
2. Problem Formulation and Solving: Helps to translate real-world problems in terms of AI/ML abstractions.
- Formulating Real World Problems for AI/ML
- Intuitive and Simple Algorithms
- Data Processing and Visualization
- Representation of Real World Data
- Supervised and Unsupervised Learning
- Classification and Regression Problems
- End-to-end Problem Solving
3. Closer Look at AIML Algorithms: Applies standard AI/ML algorithms to create AI/ML applications.
- Principles and Practice of ML
- Linear Algorithms, Training and Optimization
- Non-linear Solutions and MLP
- Gradient Descent and Backpropagation
- Decision Trees, Random Forests and Ensembles
- Support Vector Machines and Kernels
4. Deep Learning and Practical Issues: Implements practical solutions using Deep Learning Techniques.
- Introduction to Deep Learning
- Convolutional Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Overview of Advanced Topics
- Human In the Loop Solutions, Deployment
- Generative Adversarial Networks
A Distinguished Leadership
Santanu Paul is the Co-Founder and CEO of TalentSprint. He guides strategy and growth at TalentSprint. Under his leadership, the institute has emerged as India’s leading youth career accelerator and technology platform to skill young job seekers for the knowledge sector. The institute has won many awards and raised venture capital from Nexus Venture Partners and the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
Santanu holds B.Tech. from IIT Madras and Ph.D. from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, both in Computer Science. He is the recipient of many academic scholarships, including the Rackham Doctoral Fellowship, the IBM Canada Fellowship, the LaCroute Fellowship for Computing Sciences, and the National Talent Scholarship.
Earlier, Santanu worked with Virtusa as Senior Vice President responsible for Global Delivery Operations. He also lived and worked in Boston as Chief Technology Officer for Openpages and Viveca, both venture-backed high-tech firms. His professional career began in New York at the reputed IBM T.J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights. Santanu has authored 20+ research papers and is an inventor on 2 US patents.
Bringing Competitive Aspects for Students
IIIT Hyderabad is a leader in Computer Science, Machine Learning and Robotics research in India. TalentSprint is a leading player in bringing in deep tech expertise among working professionals and students in association with top academic institutions. This program brings in the research and academic expertise of IIIT Hyderabad along with the industry experience and practical knowledge of TalentSprint. Over 2000 participants have already graduated from this program.
Making Education Efficient with Deep Tech Expertise
IIIT Hyderabad and TalentSprint’s approach to hands-on experiential learning and a comprehensive lab environment for hands-on learning makes the program effective. Further, unique features like graded lab exercises enable participants to adapt their learning.
Embracing Innovative Approach to Propel Innovation
Over 50% of the program is designed for practice. Participants complete 40+ individual lab exercises, 9 group exercises/mini hackathons and 3 hackathons as part of the program. Some of the many interesting hackathons the institute conducts are:
1. Chatbot: Building a domain agnostic chatbot which can be configured to perform actions such as ticket booking, a restaurant reservation or even choosing a laptop.
2. Speech-Based IVRS: Building a voice-based food ordering application that is trained to handle voice recognition in a noisy environment by harnessing the power of machine learning.
3. Phone Unlocking with Anti-face Spoofing: Building a phone unlocking app, using deep learning algorithms, to verify a registered face. An app that is secured against spoofing by identifying the change in expression.
Redefining AI and ML with In-Depth Learning
The program TalentSprint offers has enabled over 2000 professionals to get certified in AI and ML area. The fact that enrollments for the 14th cohort is going on now in just 2 years of the start of the program stands testimony to the growth the institute is seeing in the AI/ML education in the country.
TalentSprint has been a pioneer in the field of deep tech education. The institute’s partnerships with eminent institutions that are involved in extensive research in this field help TalentSprint provide a curriculum that is both academically sound and practical. Thousands of students and professionals have gained valuable skills in this field as a result of the programmes offered at TalentSprint.
Remarkable Achievements that Inspire
IIIT Hyderabad and TalentSprint have received the most prestigious recognition and feedback from their participants.
- First IIIT in India
- #1 in AI Research in India
- Largest CS Research Group in India
- #1 in Robotics Research in Asia
- Times Excellence Award 2018-19 Hyderabad
- IE 20: India Emerging Twenty Finalist 2017
- TIMES Education Icons 2017 Hyderabad
- Dream Companies to Work For (6th Edition) – TIMES ascent
- Startup of the Year 2016-17 – The CEO Magazine
- 11th Employer Branding Awards – Best Employer 2016-17
- India Leadership Awards – 2016
- Business Leaders Awards 2015 – tv5
- Excellence in Education Award 2015 for Leadership in Skill Development – Indian Education Network
- HR Tech Leader 2014-15 by World HRD Congress
- Industry Performer of the Year 2014 in Skill Development – Siliconindia
- Company of the Year 2014 in Education – CIO Review
- Deloitte Technology Fast500 Asia Pacific 2014 Winner
“The Program content is well designed and delivered at par excellence. A-must-go-to Program for an IT professional.” – Joginder Singh, Program Manager, Qualcomm
“The IIIT Hyderabad faculty is simply superb and competent to teach AI and Machine Learning” – Sridhar Chilla, Lead Consultant, British Telecom
“It is about the collaboration & networking that this Program brings to the table.” – Krishna Chilamkurthy, Program Manager, Microsoft
“The Program offers a great pool of information and it is impressive that I could absorb so much in a short duration.” – Om Prakash Jaiswal, Senior Software Engineer, Opentalk
The Ubiquitous Nature of AI
Santanu believes AI has now become a common feature for almost all development work and industry needs. With AI algorithms getting more powerful on one side and data generation growing exponentially on the other, a huge opportunity is being unlocked across business areas. Be it healthcare, finance, marketing, operations, logistics or government, every area is coming under the AI ambit for better decision-making, enhanced accuracy and customer experience. Combining the new potential with a large number of professionals armed with the expertise on this deep tech area, there is a likelihood that hitherto unsolved problems will one by one getting solved.
Companies will continue to invest in research, development, and deployment in AI. The technology will have a disruptive impact on the way most industries work. AI use cases are being developed in most industries and TalentSprint is just seeing the tip of the iceberg in terms of the impact that AI and Big Data will have in our lives.
The Next-Gen of Education Powered by Analytics
Santanu feels analytics education in India is nearing its inflexion point. Over the last 3-4 years, it became very popular and early adopters have armed themselves with this expertise. The focus is now going to the category of the early majority.
With many institutions bringing in academic programs (like BTech) in AI, DS, etc. and some of these are now getting incorporated in the school curriculum, the education will reach a scale and reach a large majority of the target category in the next 3-5 years.
With the huge adoption of AI, Big Data & Analytics and a shortage of professionals who are skilled to implement these, there is a tremendous opportunity for companies who are involved in upskilling professionals.