INSOFE is the world’s leading research-driven educational institution in Data Science. With more than 65 faculty members, comprising of 25 world-renowned professors (16 fulltime and 9 adjunct professors) and over 45 full time Data Scientists, INSOFE has emerged as a pioneer in creating Movers and Shakers in Data Science. With campuses in Hyderabad, Bangalore and Mumbai, INSOFE’s flagship program PGP in Data Science has been a globally acclaimed program since the last 8 years. In addition to training individuals and organizations, INSOFE’s strength lies in their core research labs with cutting-edge expertise in:
• Deep Learning, Computer Vision and AI lab
• IoT and Smart Systems lab
• Blockchain and Data Security lab
• NLP & Text Mining
• Big Data and ML at Scale
Professors at INSOFE not only hold PhDs from elite international universities but also have worked as CXO’s in large analytics firms. They have been helping thousands of students get the right exposure in Data Science and helped many of them build very successful career transition, which is in-line to their mission towards helping individuals and organizations emerge as Movers and Shakers in Data Science.
A Profound Academe Pedagogy
INSOFE offers two programs:
• PGP in Data Science with specializations in Big Data | IOT | Advanced AI | Healthcare | Financial Market Analysis
• MSc in Data & Business Analytics
PGP in Data Science:
INSOFE’s PGP in Data Science program has two components – the core and the specialisations.
In the core curriculum, students learn about Statistics, Machine Learning, Text Analysis, AI and Decision Sciences, Big Data, ML at scale. After extensive market study and interacting with over 500 global organizations, INSOFE has designed this core curriculum that builds a perfect foundation for a successful Data Science journey. INSOFE provides the opportunity to their students at a later point to choose any one of the specialisations. The program is designed with the right blend of lecture and hands-on lab sessions that not only provides the application level understanding but also enrich their ability of building the prototypes. Each week, students spend 16 hours in the classroom learning concepts and gaining hands-on experience in solving some of the real-world challenging problems. In addition, INSOFE enhances the students learning experience by conducting exclusive industry leadership guest lectures, hackathons, research internships and merit-based scholarships too.
The course structure, curriculum, and its admission process make sure that no bean is left unturned in delivering quality to the industry.
MSc. in Data and Business Analytics:
This unique Techno-Business twinning program is offered jointly by INSOFE and Rennes School of Business, France. The extreme-edge engineering taught at INSOFE is intertwined seamlessly with the breadth of its business applications taught at Rennes, thus creating future leaders.
The twinning program starts with the first semester at INSOFE with an intense course that deep dives into breakthrough technologies like AI, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, and Big Data Engineering. After completing this course, students enter the second semester of this course to be pursued at Rennes School of Business, France.
This program equips students with key analytical methods and tools that will allow them to become leaders in data-driven decision-making by tapping into disruptive technologies.
Prominent Leadership Ensuring Excellence
Dr. Dakshinamurthy V Kolluru is the President and CEO of INSOFE. His role is to ensure that INSOFE maintains its leadership position in Data Science, AI, ML education in INDIA and expand it globally. Dr. Dakshinamurthy’s journey started as a consultant helping organisations build Data Science teams before founding INSOFE.
Distinctive Institutional Strategy
INSOFE strategically has been working very hard to attract some of the finest minds. Its 60+ member team consists of industry leaders with PhDs from elite international universities. The institute spends 50% of its time in R&D, product development and consulting and take that to the classroom and hence, INSOFE believes its courses are extremely applied.
Gaining Hands-On Experience in Real-World
INSOFE’s PGP in Data Science includes both faculty-driven lectures and hands-on lab sessions driven by seasoned Data Scientists. Each week, students spend 16 hours in the classroom learning concepts and gaining hands-on experience in the latest Data Science technologies. They solve real-world problems as part of the mid-term hackathons and finally work on project hackathon and defend their work. All INSOFE students are guaranteed a paid internship opportunity during the program giving them invaluable hands-on expertise with building prototypes.
Navigating the Path Towards Transformation
INSOFE’s alumni are part of several fortune 100 companies. They instrumented the building of Data Science teams within their organisations. Some of the alumni have published books in Data Science, got into some of the finest Masters programs globally, and some of them have also filed patents in this field post to the completion of the program. INSOFE also helped Indian entities of multinational corporations build global analytics centre of excellence in India through unique engagement models at various levels of hierarchy. INSOFE faculty hold 75+ patents so far on their names and 4 products have been commercialized already.
Penning Down Success Stories
• INSOFE Bagged the award for Academic Excellence in Big Data & Analytics which was part of 4th Big Data Analytics & Insights summit conducted on 20th July 2017 in Bengaluru, India.
• INSOFE received the Education Leadership Award in Dewang Mehta National Education Awards.
• INSOFE was awarded ‘Certificate of Excellence’ in Education by ASSOCHAM for being a part of ASSOCHAM India’s TOP SME 50 Index in the fourth ASSOCHAM SME’s Excellence Award.
• INSOFE students are leading analytical teams in top Fortune companies. Many students have got admissions offers and/or gone on to pursue their MS at top universities around the globe such as Northwestern University, Cornell University, the University of Texas at Austin, National University of Singapore, ETH Zurich in Switzerland, Royal Holloway -The University of London, etc.
• INSOFE is the only institute empowering organizations at the global level with cutting-edge technologies to build tiger teams and CEOs. The institute delivers classroom training programs in 10 countries.
• INSOFE students have so far written three books and have filed for three patents in the field of Big Data Analytics.
• The American IT Magazine CIO.com listed INSOFE’s Big Data Certification among ‘26 Big Data Certifications that will Pay off’.
• INSOFE’s Post Graduate Program in Big Data Analytics and Optimization is the only one in Asia to be certified for the quality of content, pedagogy and assessment by the Language Technologies Institute (LTI) of Carnegie Mellon University, USA.
Feedback- “INSOFE’s program on deep learning was excellent and insightful. It was very useful for me and my team. I liked the faculty’s passion and knowledge. I highly recommend it. “– Sachin Bansal, Cofounder, Flipkart
INSOFE’s career services team work very closely with several hundreds of organizations globally in helping their students get the right opportunity to begin their Data Science journey. Here are some of the highlights of their placement report 2018 – 19:
• 573 unique number of companies have interviewed their candidates
• At an average of 3 interviews for every eligible student, over 1500 interviews were set up for their students
• 5 overseas clients (Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Hong Kong and the USA) have hired their students
• On an average, 8 (min) – 15 (max) companies interview their students every week
The Challenge of Constant Change
The biggest challenge Dr. Dakshinamurthy feels for any AI institute is to cope up with the pace at which the field is changing. What was cutting-edge advanced material 4 years back, is redundant and outdated today. So, the biggest challenge is to conduct continuous research, keep up with the growth and make it a part of the curriculum. INSOFE focusses not only on teaching but to teach it in a way that the industry also applies it.
An Exciting Growth in Education
Dr. Dakshinamurthy believes that previously, organisations used to consider analytics as a specialisation in Computer Science. But now they see analytics as a problem-solving methodology that everyone needs to learn. So, what used to be an engineering curriculum, is now becoming a separate curriculum for CXOs, non-tech managers, tech architects and the engineers. The key trend is that the organisations are now planning to learn to adopt it as a general practice and another skill like an MBA, and not as a specialised small team effort.